If you haven’t visited TED, we highly recommend it. TED’s byline is “Ideas Worth Spreading”. Here are some ideas worth spreading from a fantastic talk on the impact of chemicals, like Atrazine and Bisphenol-A (BPA), on hormones given at a recent TED conference in Washington, DC.
Atrazine and BPA cause hormone imbalance
Filmmaker Penelope Jagessar Chaffer was curious about the chemicals she was exposed to while pregnant: Could they affect her unborn child? So she asked scientist Tyrone Hayes to brief her on one he studied closely: atrazine, a widely used herbicide. Onstage together at TEDWomen, Hayes and Chaffer tell their story.
Penelope Jagessar Chaffer is the director and producer of the documentary /surrealist film Toxic Baby. She works to bring to light the issue of environmental chemical pollution and its effect on babies and children.
Tyrone Hayes studies frogs and amphibians — and the effects on their bodies of common farming chemicals.
- Study Finds 232 Toxic Chemicals In New Born Babies Including BPA
- High Speed Robot Will Test 10,000 Chemicals For Potential Toxicity
- Harvard Medical Study Shows Rapid Increase in BPA Levels For Users of Polycarbonate Bottles
- “Tapped” Explores Bottled Water’s Impact on People and Communities
- EPA Announces Study Plan to Assess Hydraulic Fracturing