As part of our commitment to greater energy efficiency, a selection of the Waterlogic/innowave® water dispensers have been awarded the Energy Star® mark.
Water coolers that have earned the ENERGY STAR® not only help organizations reduce their energy bills, but also can help make a difference for the environment. This is because products that earn the Energy Star prevent greenhouse gas emissions by meeting strict energy efficiency guidelines set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy.
“ENERGY STAR® is more than a label awarded for energy efficiency. It is a partnership among government, business, and consumers, united in the pursuit of a common goal—to protect our environment for future generations….The quality of the environment is everyone’s responsibility and by bringing Energy Star into homes and businesses we can make an enormous difference.”
Christine Whitman (former) EPA Administrator
Some of the features of our products that make Waterlogic water dispensers more energy efficient and environmentally friendly are:
- Point of Use water dispensers use the existing water supply eliminating the environmental impact of bottled water such as:
- The need for fuel and energy used in transporting and manufacturing the plastic.
- Plastic ending up in landfill (only 5% of plastic waste is recycled each year).
- Sleep Mode - Some of our water dispensers have an energy saving mode that puts the machine on standby when it hasn’t been used for a while
- Recyclable and reusable materials - about 80% of parts on a Waterlogic machine are recyclable. All polymers and steel used in our machines are fully recyclable. This also extends to packaging where we use 100% recylable packaging.
- ROHS/WEEE - all electronics and wiring in our machines are ROHS compliant, and we meet the requirements of the WEEE directive concerning collection, recovery and recycling of equipment.
For more information, visit the Energy Star website at www.energystar.gov.