The Scheme has the following aims:
- To promote knowledge of the Water Regulations throughout the UK and to encourage their consistent interpretation and enforcement, for the prevention of waste, undue consumption, misuse, erroneous measurement or contamination of water.
- To provide an advisory service for and on behalf of Water Suppliers and for any other person or body seeking guidance on the principles of Water Regulations.
- To consult on behalf of the water supply industry in the UK with Government, with professional, trade and other organisations, with fittings and materials manufacturers and others regarding the Water Regulations and related matters.
- To develop criteria for testing materials and fittings to assess their compliance with the Regulators’ Specifications for approved products in accordance with the Water Regulations.
- To assess the results of the testing of materials and fittings to determine their compliance with the Regulators’ Specifications and to publish up-to-date lists of satisfactory materials and fittings in the Scheme’s Water Fittings and Materials Directory.
- To administer for those Water Suppliers who wish it, a scheme to assess, register and publicize Approved Contractors in accordance with the Water Regulations.
- To participate in the representation of the UK Water Supply Industry in the development of relevant, practical and appropriate national and international standards for water fittings and plumbing systems.
More information available at: www.wras.co.uk